We are just a few days away from Bled Swimming Challenge 2021 that is why we prepared an info pack for all the competitors.
The location and the start
You have to come to the Olympic Rowing Centre Bled which is in the bay of Mala Zaka (the address: Župančičeva cesta 9, 4260 Bled). For the exact location you can use Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/u9VcXUq4Q6XQKF1c6
We advise you to start your journey early, due to possible congestion and heavy traffic around Bled.
When does the start take place?
SWIMMING AT 5000m and 1250m!!!
8.30 - Registration 5000m and 1250m, picking up the registration packets and numbers.
New competitors can also register on the day of the event.
In Mala Zaka in the Rowing Centre (in front of the hangars). Registrations end at 9.30.
9.35 - Briefing
10.00 - Start of Grand Bled Swimming Challenge (5000m) and Small Bled Swimming Challenge (1250m)
Where can I leave my car?
There aren’t any reserved parking lots for the competitors. You can leave your car in the following car parks:
- Next to the railway (Kolodvorska cesta 50, 4260 Bled). The parking lots there are for free.
- Next to the Rowing Centre in Mala Zaka (Župančičeva vesta 9, 4260 Bled). The parking lots there are payable (€2,5/h).
- Under the Castle (View Map). The parking lot is free of charge.
- Next to the ice-hockey hall (Ljubljanska cesta 5, 4260). Payable (€2,5/h).
- Next to Seliška cesta (after the roundabout on Ljubljanska cesta). Payable (€2,5/h).
Other important information
Timing is going to be electronic.
Swimming in neoprene and high-tech swimwear isn’t allowed.
You can also register for the race at the event. The registration fee is €35 for the Grand Bled Swimming Challenge (5000 m) and €25 for the Small Bled Swimming Challenge (1250 m).
The best three competitors in each category receive medals.
The organizer has all the right to change the propositions.
Coronavirus restrictions in Slovenia
Since 15th July 2021 the vaccinated-tested-recovered rule has been required if you want to come to Slovenia without staying 10 days in quarantine. You also have to follow the above-mentioned rule if you want to compete at our race.
Be careful that masks are mandatory:
- in all closed public spaces,
- on public transport,
- in open public spaces or outside, if a distance of at least 1,5 metres is not maintained and
- in personal vehicles.
Only healthy competitors will be allowed to participate at the races. If you have any symptoms of respiratory diseases (fever, cough, sneezing, etc.) you won't be allowed to enter the event.
Please, try to maintain 1,5m distance!
Thank you in advance for following the above-mentioned rules.